Here are some interesting facts about New Jersey:
As reported in the October 2013 “Dossier” of Hemispheres Magazine, United Airline
NJ is a Magnet for Business:
- NJ adds approx. $487 Billion Dollars to the USA gross domestic product.
- Home to over 1,100 multinational companies that represent 40 nations
- Headquarters to 21 of the nations Fortune 500 companies
NJ is a Global Gateway:
- Has the highest density of the nation’s railroads, 1,000 miles.
- 2 International Airports
- The Port of NY/NJ is the busiest maritime cargo center on the East Coast, and 3rd largest seaport in nation.
- Highest High School graduation rate in the USA.
- More scientist and engineers per square mile than anywhere on earth- 225,000 total
- Very high concentration of educated and skilled people: Top stse in employment for chemists, second for biochemists, and third for microbiologists.
- 63 public and private colleges and universities
- National Safety Council ranked New Jersey as the safest state in the nation.
- NJ tourist industry generates $38 Billion annually
- Some 59 Million visitors come specifically to enjoy the New Jersey Shore